Friday, February 10, 2012

Homemade Granola Bars

These are my new FAVORITE things to make.  SO easy and so much better than the ones in the stores.  AND without all the preservatives and fillers.  If I lived closer to you, I'd give you a sample.  SO GOOD!
 GRANOLA OAT BARS:
1c raw cashews
4T coconut oil (melted)
4T honey
2c fresh medjool dates
3c thick oats

Place ingredients in food processor and blend for about a minute.  Pour contents into a bowl and mix in desired 'add ins' with clean hands.  (Trader Joe's sells the cheapest coconut oil...it's SO good)

My favorite granola bars have:
(and you can be creative, mixing in whatever you like)
1c chopped pecans
1/2 bar dark Belgian chocolate
(finely chopped)
1c shredded coconut

Place mixture in a large, glass baking dish (11x9) and press down with hands.  Stick in the freezer for about 10 minutes...cut into bars and place back in freezer for another 10 minutes.  Remove from freezer and place in individual snack bags and they keep best in freezer.  This pan above makes about 15 bars, perfect for my 3 school kids for 5 school days.  
YUM!

Bon Bon

1 comment:

Jo Jo said...

Thank you for posting! I'll have to buy a few of these ingredients I don't normally have on hand!