Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup with Biscuits

This is what we had for dinner last night...(lighting is bad - sorry)...it was really yummy. I bought one of those rotisserie chickens on a busy/crazy night. We had it sliced on salad and called it good. Last night I took the remaining chicken and placed it in 6 c. water with a cover and heated it until it was warm enough to fall off the bones. When the chicken was off I added chopped carrots, some corn and celery and chicken boullion to taste. When the carrots were cooked I added some noodles. Before serving I dumped in a couple cans of cream of chicken soup to make it a little creamy - my family likes it that way.
These are the biscuits I made to go along with the soup. We used the leftovers with peaches and cream. (aka Peach Shortcake)
Biscuits:
2 c flour
1T sugar
1 t salt
1 T baking powder
1/3 c butter
3/4 c milk
BAKE 450 for 12 minutes
*****
BON BON

No comments: