Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chocolate Mint Brownies


This is my all time favorite crowd dessert! I'm sharing the recipe courtesy of Chef Oh-La-La, but since she lost her copy, and has never made it, I'm claiming all rights, privilegs and comments. I double the recipe, and use a cookie sheet. I've only used cocoa in the brownie layer. The picture's kind of washed out, for this I apologize, but it's better than none! Chef 'gas
Brownie Layer:
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. sugar
4 sq. unsweetened chocolate or 3/4 c. cocoa
1/2 c. butter
1 c. flour (scant)
3/4 c. walnuts

Beat eggs until fluffy, add sugar and vanilla and beat. If cocoa, mix in with butter. If chocolate, melt with butter and then add in. Add flour (and nuts). Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake 375 for 20 minutes. Cool in pan.

Middle Layer Frosting:
2 c. powdered sugar
4 T. butter
drop peppermint oil
1-2 drops green food coloring

Melt butter and add remaining ingredients. Frost brownies and chill for one hour.

Top Layer:
4 T. butter
6 oz. chocolate chips

Melt the two together and pour over the top. Chill and cut into squares.

No comments: