Sunday, October 18, 2009

QUICHE

Otherwise known as "Egg Pie" in my house. Apparently men don't eat Quiche...atleast that's what my husband tells me. It's NOT manly. (whatever) The thing I LOVE about this recipe, is that you can throw WHATEVER ingredients in that you like. The possibilities are endless. Trust me on this. This is the way I like it:

QUICHE
1 pie crust
(see below)
6 eggs
1 cup cream
8oz shredded swiss
1 16 oz bag frozen broccoli
nutmeg
Layer frozen broccoli on the bottom of the pie crust. Add the cheese to the broccoli. Beat eggs and cream, pour over broccoli and cheese. Sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg over the top. Bake at 375 for close to an hour.
*****
NO MESS PIE CRUST
1 1/2 cup flour
1 t salt
3 T milk
1/3 cup oil
Add the flour and salt to empty pie plate. Mix in milk and oil with a fork. When combined, pat down the dough around the whole pie plate until completely covered. (there is NO rolling out of the dough with this pie crust - EASY!)
*****
You can add sausage, ham, bacon, spinach, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, swiss, cheddar, or feta. (need I go on?)
Add WHATEVER floats your boat.
Enjoy! I certainly do. :)
Bon Bon

No comments: