Chicken breasts: 1 lb (skinless and boneless)
Frying Oil: 3 tbsp
Onion: 1 (large)
Garlic: 2 cloves
Coconut milk: 1 1/2 cup
Ginger: 1 tbsp
Curry powder: 2 tsp
Salt: 3/4 tsp
Pepper: 1/8 tsp
Cooked rice for 4 (to serve with)
1. Peel and chop the onion. Peel and finely dice the garlic cloves.
2. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut into 1-inch pieces
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the chopped onion and saute until tender. Add chicken and saute about 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Transfer the chicken to a medium-size bowl.
4. Add remaining 1 tbsp of oil to the frying pan. Add the rest of the chopped onion and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Drain.
5. Add coconut milk, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and simmer for about 10 minutes. 6. Transfer the curry to the serving bowl. Serve with rice. (you can garnish with slivered almonds and coconut powder - I usually don't)