Thursday, March 20, 2008

Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs



Have you guys colored eggs with your kids yet? We did ours today (no school!) I like hard boiled eggs, but I can't stand it when they get that gross GREEN ring round the yolk--has that ever happened to you? Well, it's your lucky day because I'm going to tell you how to prevent that--Cover the eggs with at least 1 inch of water, bring to a rolling boil, then cover and remove from the heat. Let them sit for 13 minutes, then rinse in cold water and put them in an ice bath. (I just left them in the pot, emptied the hot water, put it in the sink and ran cold water over them for a few minutes until the pot was full, then added ice and let it sit until all the ice was melted.) It worked! NO RING-AROUND-THE-YOLKIE! Now you know the secret...You can thank me later!

HAPPY EASTER!

~GG

2 comments:

LL said...

oh GG, you make me so proud! this is a FANTASTIC secret, thank you for sharing. and thank you for making your post so scrumptious to the eye! beautiful.
guess what, i thought I was MOTHER OF THE YEAR because I was going to do eggs with my kids tomorrow after school...
well, I guess the gold star goes to YOU. Way to be ahead of the game; I salute you!

Becky said...

Wow! What a "super great" post GG! You're the best and so creative. I'm really excited not to have the nasty green line around the "yolkie"! Too funny. Looking forward to seeing you on Easter for the excellent egg find. Yahoo!!