Monday, March 24, 2008

CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP


28 oz. crushed tomatoes
16 oz. tomato sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
4 cups water or chicken broth
2 T. sugar
3 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp oregano
4 oz. diced green chilies
2 C. cooked chicken cut in bite size pieces


Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
serve with any of these sides
sour cream
avocado
olives
grated cheese
crushed tortilla chips
corn
black beans
My sister in law Ginny makes this and it's muy bueno!
T. Scrumptious

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know what the name of the soup rachael recently made is, but it was extremely delicious. particularly the muffins that went with it.

MUCKAMUCK said...

Yum! UH-OH--I feel a song coming on..."My heart beats so unruly, because I love you Truly, honest, Truly, I DO!"

MUCKAMUCK said...

That was me, GG, BTW. just in case you were wondering...

MUCKAMUCK said...

Oh, and thank you Mr. Pig for the compliment on the meal! It was taco soup with corn muffins. I think both of my dear chef friends already have the soup recipe, but I am happy to post it if you want me to! Just let me know...

~GG

LL said...

POST IT MY LADY!
some of us have it, but the millions of fans/viewers out there, who depend on our food blog, might benefit from it!
Thanks!!!
and welcome to the BLOG Mr.PIG!

Cathy said...

Yummm, another great recipe. It's great to have all of these new recipes to try.