Thursday, March 6, 2008

Easy Spinach Squares


This is an easy, quick meal that I especially love because I don't have to make a pie crust for it. My kids really like it because the spinach taste is masked by the other ingredients. I sometimes will substitue finely chopped broccoli for the spinach. You can 1/2 the recipe to make a smaller portion.


6 eggs, beaten

2 c milk

2 c flour

2 t salt

2 t baking powder

16 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded (or cheddar)

2 (8 oz) pkgs frozen spinach thawed and drained

1/2 c melted butter


Mix all but butter. Melt butter in a 11x14 inch baking dish. Add remaining ingredients. I like to sprinkle some salt, white pepper and about a 1/4 t of nutmeg on top before baking. Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees. While still hot, cut into bite-size squares. Squares warm nicely in microwave as leftovers.
Enjoy!! Chef Bon

No comments: