Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pineapple Coconut Cake


This cake reminds me of summer and since I'm hoping it'll come really soon I thought it would be a great dessert to make! It's the cake I request for my birthday from my mom every year. Delicious!
1 white cake mix (or you can make one from scratch)
1 can crushed pineapple
1 pt. heavy cream
coconut
Prepare cake mix and bake in three round cake pans. When they come out of the oven, poke holes in the top and spread the crushed pineapple over the tops. (I usually drain some of the juice out before spreading) Remove from the pans. Whip the heavy cream with a little vanilla and sugar. Spread on the three cakes. Stack the layers and cover with whipped cream and coconut. Getting the coconut on the sides can be pretty tricky - I usually tip the cake just a little and pat ever so slightly so that it will stick. YUM!
BON BON

No comments: