Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Seafood Chowder


I apologize if you are not a seafood lover, because I am so I wanted to post this recipe. Kaleb requests this quite often and so it's a regular in my house. You can serve with corn muffins or crackers.
1 med onion, diced
3 T olive oil
5 med potatoes cubed (with skin on)
4 cans of clams (save the juice)
2 c small shrimp
2 c scallops
extra clam juice
2 c heavy cream (light or half and half will do)
salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions in olive oil until browned. Add 4 cups of clam juice and water. Heat to boiling. Add the potatoes and cook until soft. Turn heat down to low and add clams, shrimp and scallops. Add the cream, salt and pepper. If you want a thicker chowder, I sometimes will make a white sauce and add it in at the end. (5 T butter melted in a pan, add 5 T flour and mix until like a paste. Take some of the liquid from the chowder and slowly add to pan. Mix with a whisk on med heat. Keep adding liquid until it is not too thick. Add the sauce to the chowder and stir until all mixed in.)
Enjoy!!
Bon Bon

1 comment:

LL said...

YUMMY! I went to Naked Fish Saturday night...I ordered clam chowder and YUCK! I left with shoppers remorse...I need a good chowder fix to cure that bad bowl memory.